Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Time For The Big One!

Having done my bit for the Asturian tourist industry, let's pay more attention to other parts of Spain. Most people with a bit of knowledge of Spanish geography know that the highest peak in Spain is not located in the Pyrenees, the Sierra Nevada or the Picos de Europa. It's not even on the peninsula, so I'm off to Tenerife for a few days. The ascent of the final part of Teide is on the agenda, and hopefully we will be lucky with the weather and it won't be covered in clouds. In any case, given the weather forecast for much of the rest of the country it looks like a good time to go. I'll be back on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the final ascent of Teide many years ago... in the cable car! Don't tell me you were planning to walk it?!

Graeme said...

Yes, I walked it - cable cars are for wimps ;). It wasn't easy but it was rewarding - a full report to follow.